Top 5 Equipment Must-Haves Before Bringing Students Back To Campus
Alongside all foodservice channels, colleges and universities were hit hard and experienced severe revenue declines due to the pandemic. As national and local restrictions are lifted and more students find their way back to campuses, C&U foodservice operators can start preparing for increased traffic in both on-campus dining venues and in preparing for off-premise orders. College students indicate that their current delivery (31%) and carryout orders (45%) now take up greater share compared to dine-in service (24%)1. In addition, 73% of students expect to continue their off-premise orders in some capacity1. Investing in the right dispensing and serving equipment and can reduce labor and increase back-of-house efficiency no matter the ordering format. Here are five top performing equipment units proven in C&U.
- 4 Quart Inset Pump (83200) – This stainless-steel pump offers flexible dispensing perfect for heated, ambient, and chilled food tables or countertop equipment. It dispenses thick condiments and sauces in full 1-oz portions or can be reduced in 1/8-oz increments depending on your order needs. While black knobs come standard, you can request Color Coded Knobs for easy flavor identification, at no extra charge.
- Rectangular, Countertop Express™ System (07125) – Dispensing from a 1-½ gallon pouch with 16 mm fitment, this express system yields full 1-oz portions which can be reduced in 1/4-oz increments by easily adjusting the portion pin on the lid lever. From thin to thick condiments, this system delivers up to 98% evacuation.
- Remote Dispensing System (85783) – Featuring a flush-mounted stainless-steel pump that taps into 1/2- or 3-gallon condiment pouches below the counter – perfect for high-volume uses in dining halls, events and concession stands – this system eliminates the need for CO2 driven dispensers. Reduce bottlenecks at the condiment station by setting the portion size to fill a soufflé cup with one pump.
- Twin Soup Merchandiser and Warmer (87635) – This NSF listed rethermalizer quickly heats contents to a safe serving temperature. Individual temperature-sensing thermostats provides accurate, consistent heat from first serving to last and the lid rim catches condensation and returns it to the soup ensuring the freshest flavor and texture throughout the day. Plus, our colorful graphics drive awareness to your soup program, helping to generate sales. Looking for custom branded graphics? Download templates here.
- Reusable Bottle Pump (88180) – Keep coffee bars flavorful for students and staff with reusable bottle pumps. Durable and easy to clean, this pump dispenses ¼ oz portions and threads directly on 28mm bottles of leading syrups brands. Plus, Server Eco™ pumps save on costs, too. Check your savings with our convenient calculator. Keep syrups organized and available with our WireWise™ Tiered Organizer.
Preparing for on- and off-campus orders can be a success with efficient, turnkey equipment. Find a retailer for all your Server equipment needs here. Read more about How to Adjust Portion Sizes on Pumps and discover how our award-wining Touchless Express™ Dispenser can help you manage portions and food costs.
1Technomic Ignite Consumer featuring the 2021 College and University Consumer Trend Report